Tuesday 15 January 2019

Namast'eh Box: Unboxing and Review


Namast'eh is a Canadian subscription box that delivers premium yoga and athletic wear from Canadian brands at 50% off retail value right to your door. There are three different subscriptions to choose from.

The True North Box- 3 piece Premium Outfit $119.00
The Glowing Heart Box- 2 piece Premium Outfit $89.00
The Maple Leaf Box- 1 Pair Premium Leggings or Capris $59.00

You can choose to get your box every month, every second month or every three months and you are not locked into a plan of any kind. This means that you can pause or cancel your subscription at any time without penalty. How it works is you choose your subscription, complete your profile (sizes, activities) and your box gets delivered to your door.

In the interest of full disclosure, I already subscribe to a similar box from an American company. I thought I would try Namast'eh to see if it compares and if I like it as much. When I subscribed in December I opted for the True North Box and it was only $99.00. It went up $20 on January first but anyone who subscribed before the 1st had their price locked in at the cheaper rate. Most of the brands that they advertise as participating companies I have never heard of. I thought this would be a good way to discover new brands and help to stimulate my own economy. Not being familiar with most of these brands means that I had no idea of the quality of the products that I would be receiving.

I exercise almost daily and wear a lot of workout clothes. Recently I have taken up running as part of my regular routine.

So I received my first box in December and here are my thoughts...


This is what the box looks like when you first open it.


Here is my first peak at the athleisure wear that I received!



These are the pieces that I got...


MPG: Pointe Sports Bra in black medium support retail value $46.00 (from website)

It is hard to tell from my picture but the sports bra has a mesh v-neck as well as mesh sides with a criss cross pattern over it. There are also removable cups. This sports bra is supper cute and probably my favourite item from my first box. I did find it a tiny bit difficult to get on and off but it was extremely comfortable on and held up to my workouts wonderfully. MPG is the only brand that Namast'eh box advertises that I was familiar with before hand.




Tonic Active- Surge Tank in black retail value $65.00 (from website)

Again it is hard to tell from this picture but this tank layering piece has tiny little holes throughout the entire piece making it breathable and it is also made from a quick dry material. When I first pulled this tank out I wasn't sure what I thought. It was definitely not one that I would pull off the shelf myself and I most definitely would not have paid $65.00 for it. However, it works really good for my high intensity workouts where I get really hot and sweaty. Its quick dry fabric and breathability were very much appreciated.


Daub Active- Capris (I couldn't find these exact ones on the website but the cheapest capris were $104.00)

Again, I'm not sure if I would have picked these off the shelf myself but I do have to admit that the pattern on these bottoms are very good for hiding those imperfections. I actually really liked how they felt on my body. They were nice and snug and didn't move or sag after wearing them through a workout or around the house. The only feedback I feel the need to mention is that because there is a significant amount of white, you can see your underwear if wearing any kind of colour or style besides a thong. I plan to use these for running and will not use them for workouts that require a lot of squatting or bending over.
When I filled out my profile there was a section at the end where you can tell them any preferences or special requests. I said that I would prefer capri or cropped leggings because I am not very tall and some full length leggings are too long on me. They listened!

So if I were to add up all the prices from the websites these three items would have come out to $215.00 so I saved $116.00 by getting this box. Even with the new 2019 prices it would be a savings of $95.00.

It is too early for me to decide if I will continue with this subscription service or not. I do like the items that I got in my first box but will probably wait and see what I get in the next two months before I decide whether to continue or whether I want it less frequently or whether it is worth it at all. Stay tuned for my next unboxing!

Check out the Website here.


Thoughts and opinions are my own. This post is not sponsored in any way by Namast'eh.










No comments:

Post a Comment