Thursday 3 January 2019

Yoga Club: Unboxings and Review


Yoga Club is a subscription service for high end yoga/fitness and athleisure apparel at 50 to 60% off retail price. I had been eyeing Yoga Club for a while and was intrigued. In October I finally decided to take the plunge and try it out. This is an American company and I was worried that by the time I paid the exchange and shipping that I wouldn't be receiving much value in my box. The only way to know for sure was to try it out. I know that my favourite leggings cost $148.00 in the store which is way more than the cost of a box so I went for it.

How Yoga Club works is you go onto their website and sign up. You take a personalised style quiz where you are asked numerous different questions to get a sense of your own personal style. For example, it asks what kind of activities you wear athleisure for with options from Yoga to travel and brunch. Do you like leggings? Capri's? Shorts? Sports bras? Tank tops? Long sleeve? and do you like neutrals, colours and patterns? These are just a few. You put in your height and sizes and a personal stylist curates an outfit just for you. This means that your outfit will not be the same as another person. Some subscription services send the same outfits out each month but that is not the case with Yoga Club. Each box is curated specifically tailored to you.

The Guru box (the one that I get) comes with 3 different pieces. All high end, good quality pieces from name brand companies. We are talking Teeki, Jala, Onzie, Manduka, Columbia, Free People, Glyder, MPG and Niyama Sol just to name a few.  A pair of leggings (or crops or shorts if you put it on your quiz) a sports bra and a layering piece. Although I haven't received any yet this could include sweat shirts and jackets. The price of the Guru box is $79 USD although I do have a link that will give you $10.00 USD off ALL of your boxes for life bringing it to $69 USD for all your boxes if you are interested. Click here if interested for my referral link. The nice thing about Yoga Club is that you are not locked in to any amount of time. You can cancel or pause your subscription at any time. If your exercise needs or style changes you just need to log into your account and re-take the style quiz.

On top of all that, Yoga Club gives back. For every Yoga Club box sold they give a class to a child in an under served community. They also have a Love Guarantee. If you don't love it or something doesn't fit properly they have an easy exchange policy for something you do.

I figured I couldn't go wrong. If I didn't like it I could cancel. This was going to be my monthly reward for exercising regularly. I am also happy to report that even with the exchange and shipping, the cost was exactly what a similar Canadian subscription company was.


So this is what the box looks like when you first open it up. Isn't it pretty?



This is what I got in my October box...


Threads for Thought- Moto Skinny Leggings retail value $88 USD
Threads for Thought- Jax Crop Top retail value $64 USD
Vie Active- Ceci Tank Jewel (no price on the tank but the cheapest tank on the website was $48 USD)

My thoughts? I like this outfit but probably won't wear the crop/bra often. It doesn't provide the kind of support I like while exercising. It is super cute for a casual day but would best be suited for a larger chested person. I liked the outfit enough to try another month and am I ever glad I did. They just got better from here. My favourite piece from this outfit is definitely the Vie Active tank.

This was what I got in my November box...


Niyama Sol- Magic Hour Barefoot legging retail value $88 USD
Threads for Thought- Audley Jersey Tank retail value $44 USD
Onzie (Own-Zee)- Chic Bra black retail value $48 USD

This might be my favourite box so far with my December box coming in a close second. The sports bra and leggings are my favourite pieces overall. The cute little sports bra has a nice strappy back that looks great peeking out of my layering tanks. As a smaller chested person I usually am not a fan of workout bras that aren't padded (nobody needs to know when I'm cold) but this one has managed all of my workouts while looking super cute at the same time. The tank has twisty straps which are hard to see in this picture and scoops a little lower in the back which shows off the strappy bra wonderfully. I have left the best for last. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these leggings and everything Niyama Sol. Since getting these I have been guilty of stalking the Niyama Sol website and drooling over all of their leggings. Seriously... every day! Not only are they super comfortable and Eco-friendly (made out of recycled water bottles) but they are really cute. In fact, originally in my style quiz I had stated that I wanted neutrals, solid colours and neutral patterns. Since seeing all of the leggings on the Niyama Sol website I have gone in and changed it to say that I would also like bright colours and patterns. These leggings are high waisted in a fairly subdued ombre pattern but they have so many other wonderful patterns. I would LOVE to see more Niyama Sol leggings in my future boxes.

This is what I got in my December box...



Onzie- Tie Dye Midi leggings retail value $79 USD
TLF- Bound Bra in soft green retail value $52 USD
Free People- long white tank retail value $20 USD

My favourite piece in this outfit is the Free People tank. It is long and falls just below the bum and is flowy and soft. It is perfect for if you have to leave the house in your athleisure apparel, going to brunch or travelling. The leggings are also a favourite of mine. They are a high rise midi which I love. High waisted are my favourite and they are longer than the normal capri but shorter than a full length legging. On me (who is not very tall) they are the perfect length. They are super soft and comfortable. TLF was not a brand that I was familiar with but the sports bra seems comfortable enough. I haven't really had the opportunity to test it out and it has a cute strappy back which is always fun.

In case you can't tell, I am loving this subscription service and if I continue to get premium pieces that are both cute and functional I can't see myself pausing or cancelling any time soon. It is literally like Christmas morning every time I get a new box. I will try to do an unboxing and review monthly from here on out. I wanted to get a few months before I decided whether or not this was for me.

If this is something that might interest you





Thoughts and opinions are all my own and are not endorsed in any way by Yoga Club. I sent a box as a gift to my daughter so my next review will be on how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment