Brad De Luca is used to getting whatever and whomever he wants. The premier divorce attorney in town, he's a playboy who's bedded half the city including his own clients. And when the newest intern at his firm poses a challenge, his seductive prowess goes into overdrive.
Pre-law student Julia Campbell is fresh off a failed engagement and happy with her new independence. Even if she weren't warned away from Brad at every turn, she'd know he was bad news. The last thing she needs is a man who could destroy her job prospects, not to mention her innocence. But before she knows it, the incorrigible charmer has her under his spell. His deviant tastes plunge her deep into a forbidden world of sexual exploration;but her heart may not survive the fall.
Paperback, 304 pagesExpected publication: January 28th 2014 by Harlequin HQN
I received this ARC via a Goodreads giveaway in exchange for an honest review. The expected publication is January 28th 2014 however it appears this book had been previously released.
I try not to read reviews from others until after I have finished a book however I did take a sneak peak at some of them this time around. I do have to agree with a lot of comments that I read regarding the book cover. It is just dreadful. If I was browsing in a bookstore as I often do I would have walked right past this one without a second glance. Putting that aside I am here to review the content of the book and not it's cover so I will move on.
This book was just average for me. I didn't love it and I didn't hate it.
- I really enjoyed the character of Julia. I found her realistic for a twenty-one year old girl from her occasional drinking binges, planning her career path and her fabulous shoes.
- Hot and steamy scenes. Although not necessarily my thing I feel that fans of erotic fiction would appreciate what this books has to offer. There was a little bit of everything (use your imagination) within these pages aside from the standard "vanilla" boy/girl scenes.
- Everything in Vegas
- There was a little bit of comedy mixed in from the scene in the elevator, the cabana boy and other miscellaneous parts
- Brad De Luca - I found he did nothing for me. His personality was lacking to me and even his physical description brought images of a giant ape to my mind. There was simply no substance to him that drew me to his character.
- The story lacked any kind of chemistry between Julia and Brad aside from physical chemistry. Without the physical there really was no connection whatsoever between the two. Even their conversations for the most part centered around sex and little else. It would have been nice to see a little more of a deeper connection even if it wasn't the focal point of the story.
- The storyline was a little bit on the typical side. There was no point throughout the read that I was surprised with a plot twist or anything unexpected happening. This is not necessarily a bad thing just something to be aware of
Overall this book took me away for a couple of hours and entertained me. I may not remember this read a year from now however it entertained nonetheless.
About the Author