Tuesday 22 January 2019

Namast'eh Box: January Unboxing and Review


Namast'eh is a Canadian subscription box that delivers premium yoga and athletic wear from Canadian brands at 50% off retail value right to your door. There are three different subscriptions to choose from.

The True North Box- 3 piece Premium Outfit $119.00
The Glowing Heart Box- 2 piece Premium Outfit $89.00
The Maple Leaf Box- 1 Pair Premium Leggings or Capris $59.00

You can choose to get your box every month, every second month or every three months and you are not locked into a plan of any kind. This means that you can pause or cancel your subscription at any time without penalty. How it works is you choose your subscription, complete your profile (sizes, activities) and your box gets delivered to your door.

At the moment I am subscribed to the True North Box and I have it coming every month. I plan to give it a few months to see how I like it and the products before I decide if I want to continue monthly or less frequently or at all. This is only my second box. See my thoughts on my December box here.

This is what it looks like when you first open the box.


The First item was a sports bra

Tonic Active- Nevah Bra in Cobalt (No price on the Tonci Acive website but I found it on another for $68)

Tonic Active is an Eco- conscious company that provides innovative activewear and lifestyle apparel out of Vancouver, British Columbia.
This might be my favourite piece out of this months box. The cobalt colour is stunning and it feels like it is high quality. It has removable cups and and a super cute back. I'm not sure if this picture does it justice. I can see myself wearing this sports bra a lot.

Next is my layering piece
Tonic Active- Bamboo Autumn Long Sleeve in black ($80 on another website)

I grabbed this picture off the Internet because I couldn't snap a picture that showed off the back properly. The one I received is in black and not navy like the picture. I really like this top as well. I will probably wear this as a regular top and not a workout piece. It is too nice to not be seen. What do you think?


Leggings
Zen Nomad- Ellipse Yoga Capri ($79 regular on sale for $40 on website)

Zen Nomad is lifestyle clothing, made in Canada with luxurious sustainable fabrics. These leggings are made from 90% viscose from bamboo and 10% spandex. I'm not sure what you would call this colour but it is of the green variety. What is unique and what I like about these capri is the angled detail at the bottom cuff. It makes them look a little different than regular capri and ups the style a little. They are super comfortable on but I haven't had the opportunity to test them out thoroughly to see if they stand up to my workout needs. Let me know if you want me to report back with more details when I've had the opportunity to fully test them.

So the retail value of this box (I'm using the sale price of the pants) is $188.00 and the price of this box is $119.00 (I paid less because I locked in on 2018 prices) for a total savings of $69.00. It would be even more if you calculated the leggings at regular price.

I am only 5 foot 4 inches tall so I stated that I preferred cropped leggings because regular leggings are sometimes too long on me. I like the fact that when you fill out your profile there is a spot to put special requests or preferences. If I am being completely honest, I wasn't expecting to like this subscription box as much as I do so far. The pieces I've received in my two boxes have been super cute. The sports bras have been my favourite pieces so far. If the boxes continue to have cute and original items in them, I can't see myself changing my frequency any time soon. It's like Christmas every time I get a box in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment