Thursday 27 February 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #17






Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are... 

 
(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read} 
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers 
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts. 
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you. 
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed 
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI” 
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers 
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog. 


 
This week's question is...


Change the Plot. If you could, what book would you change the ending or a plot thread? Go ahead and do it...change it. 
 
If I had been asked this question right after I finished Gone Girl I may have chosen it. I thought I hated the ending but then the more I thought about it the more I kind of thought it was genius. A messed up story and two messed up characters should rightfully have a messed up ending. In the end I decided that I actual love how it played out and had to go back and change my rating on the book.

The one book that comes to mind that I hated the ending to was My Sister's Keeper by Jody Picoult. Both Terri and I threw the book across the room when we finished it. I would change it to the same as the movie ending. Although it was still sad, it was an ending that I could live with. What book would you change?

That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, facebook and twitter.


16 comments:

  1. I haven't read that book but I did watch the movie. Not the same I know.
    Old follower via Bloglovin'
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. New follower via GFC, Bloglovin, and Twitter.

    I definitely preferred the movie ending over the book ending in "My Sister's Keeper." That NEVER happens for me. I was actually just talking to my best friend about this the other day, funnily enough.

    Here's my Follow Friday post if you'd like to check it out.

    Rebecca @ Vicariously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read the book neither have I watched the movie so I just scrolled down your post because I am very eager to read it and don't want to read any spoilers.
    But I followed you :)

    My FFF
    Rimsha@Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never read that book but have heard about it. Sounds like the book ended on a tearjerker, right?

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was meant to end as a tearjerker but in my case it just made me mad. It really ruined the entire book for me.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read either of these, but they're both on my "to read" shelf. I'm anxious to see what I think of them.

    New Follower :)

    Jessica @ Tales Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hopping through. I haven't read Gone Girl or My Sister's Keeper. I've heard that you either love or hate Gone Girl.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hated My Sister's Keeper too! Oh but I did like Gone Girl :)

    New GFC and bloglovin follower :)

    -Kimi at Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the book yet but I just stopped by to say Hello and that I've followed you via GFC and bloglovin'.

    Here is my first ever FF post: http://pottermorebook.blogspot.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-1.html

    Also, if your interested, I am hosting a blog hop myself as well:
    http://pottermorebook.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/pottermorebooks-6-months-bloggaversary.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for stopping by my site.

    New follower via GFC!

    ~Lori at Psychotic State Book Reviews
    www.psychoticstate.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New follower GFC :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog. New GFC & Bloglovin follower :)

    I had mixed feelings about My Sister's Keeper too. Initiatelly, I hated the ending and thought the Hollywood ending definitely made more sense and felt better. I still think that but I think over the years, the novel's ending kind of grew on me. I still don't like it but I don't hate it with as much intensity as I did before.

    Witless Fool @ Obsessive Compulsive Reader

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've seen the movie but not read the book and I'm curious now as to how the book ended as I guess I'd just presumed they were the same.... dumb huh?

    Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't read that book, but there have been a few times when I wanted to throw a book across the room because the ending destroyed the whole plot.

    Old follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great choice! This is one of the few where I agree that the movie ending was better than the book.

    Jessi
    http://www.thebookcove.com/2014/02/feature-and-follow-12-plot-change-up.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wanted to read Gone Girl but a lot of bloggers hated the ending (plus kinda spoiled it for me), so I opted out.
    THanks for stopping by My FF

    Bayan @ The Booklicker

    ReplyDelete