Thursday 28 November 2013

Feature and Follow Friday #8 We are the featured blogger!!

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are... 

    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!

We are the featured bloggers this week!

When did you start blogging?
We actually started blogging back in 2011 with the encouragement of my (Kristine) 12 yr old daughter who blogs. Shortly after, Terri (the other half of Twin Spin) was diagnosed with a rare muscle disease and had a rough year getting it under control and we had to let it slide. This year has been a very positive year with her health so we started regularly blogging again back in September.

What is your favorite part of book blogging?
We love it all! Being able to talk about our favorite passtime to other like minded people is great. We love connecting with so many wonderful people.

What type of books do you mainly blog about?
We try to cover as many different genres as we can so that we have a wide range for everyone. Lately I have been blogging a lot of New Adult and Terri has been blogging a lot of Historical Fiction but we are not limited to that.

What is your favorite book(s)?
This is a tough one to answer because we have read so many great books. Some authors that we really enjoy and agree on are Kate Morton, Sarah Jio and Diane Chamberlain. Terri's favorite book that she has read in recent years is The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. I can't pick just one although I did adore The Fault in our Stars by John Green.

What has been the best thing that has happened to you because of book blogging?
I think that the best thing would be connecting with so many great authors that we would never have heard of if it wasn't for blogging. We've had the opportunity to read a lot of great titles from up and coming authors that we would not have found otherwise. Connecting with so many other bloggers and talking books is an added bonus as well!

This week's question is...

What’s your favorite Thanksgiving Day food? If you’re not American or Canadian, what is your favorite holiday food?

Our favorite Thanksgiving meal (can't pick just one food) would be the traditional turkey with stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, turnips, homemade dinner rolls, a wide variety of salads and apple pie for dessert.  My mouth is just watering thinking about it. Our Thanksgiving was back in October so it has been a while since we have enjoyed over-eating with our families! Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American followers. What is your favorite food?

That is my Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of mine with a link to your blog and I will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc and bloglovin and we would love it if we could get some new followers on twitter and on facebook.

 

24 comments:

  1. Congrats on the feature!!! I made the traditional turkey dinner today (nom nom nom) and have just now emerged from my carb coma :D So glad you were able to spend your Thanksgiving with your families!

    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being featured. Your yummy description is making my mouth water too.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I am hungry again LOL. Congrats on being featured.

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you too! Mashed potatoes is one of my favorite dishes. It's a really common dish in my house, though, so I don't really consider it my Thanksgiving dish.

    Congrats on being featured. (I followed by Bloglovin.)

    My favorite dish: http://readingismytreasure.blogspot.com/2013/11/feature-and-follow-7-thanksgiving-food.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on being the feature ladies!! Old follower via Bloglvin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on being a featured! Really enjoyed the Q&A part.
    New follower via Bloglovin :)

    My #FF

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being feautred!

    New Bloglovin' follower
    My FF .
    Zareena @ Books and Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being featured! That pumkin pie must be delicious! I'm portuguese, so our holiday food is completely different from yours.

    New GFC and Twitter follower. Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving but we celebrate christmas instead. My fave are Spaghetti and Macaroni Soup.
    hope you can visit my Feature and Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on being a feature! The Fault in our Stars is one of my favourites. I'm with you on the best thing since blogging, there's been so many books that I wouldn't have known about, and I've tried different genres I wouldn't have before. So, it's been fun to do that, too. :)

    Heres mine

    -Old bloglovin follower. :)

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I found you via feature and follow Friday and are now following you on google; Check out my blog on:
    http://languageintheblood.blogspot.fr
    Thanks,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on being a feature! I absolutely love Diane Chamberlain, she writes some amazing books! Old BL and GFC follower! =D My F&F Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on being a feature. Check out MY F&F Old Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! Followed u, check out my blog http://myaddictionforbooksandcoffee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the feature. Sounds like an awesome meal!

    New Bloglovin follower.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on being featured here. I am now following you through bloglovin. Check out my FF here: http://meandu-justthinking.blogspot.ca/2013/11/feature-and-follow112913.html

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on being the feature!

    New GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being featured!
    New follower via Bloglovin.
    My FF
    Happy Thanksgiving =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on the feature. It sounds like you like it all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on being featured! I'm an old follower, but just wanted to pop over and say hi to some fellow Canucks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on being the FF :) I was the FF about 2 years ago, on Thanksgiving & my blog was sending out virus warnings! I cried. It was 10 hours before the warnings went away too.
    I am glad your luck is better than mine <3
    I think Thanksgiving is my fave food holiday. I just ate another piece of pie and am quickly regretting it *reaches for Pepto*
    I am a new follower and followed you a lot of diff ways :)
    Have a great night my new blogger friends <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love traditional Thanksgiving dinner. And yours sounds great. Except for the turnips. You can keep the turnips.

    Aaron (Dreaming About Other Worlds).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats on your feature! I'm with Aaron - not a turnip fan, lol. Old follower :)
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello,
    Just stopping by to tell you that I nominated you for a Liebster Award. You can get the rest of your info at my blog
    http://highway-ya.blogspot.com/2013/12/i-got-nominated-again-for-liebster-award.html
    Congrats
    -Ericka

    ReplyDelete