Sunday 22 September 2013

Review: If Forever Comes (The Regret Series) by A.L. Jackson




If Forever Comes, the final chapter in the New York Times Bestselling The Regret Series
Christian Davison’s life is complete. With a ring on Elizabeth’s finger and his daughter at his side, he’s ready to run headlong into their future.
Elizabeth Ayers never believed she would again find this kind of joy—the joy of a family and the wholeness found in the touch of the man she’s always loved.
Their love is intense and their passion only grows as they set out to rediscover each other.
But life is never easy.
Rocked by the unforeseen, Christian and Elizabeth will find themselves fighting for the one thing they hold most important—family.


Published September 19th 2013 by A.L. Jackson
Genre: New Adult/ Romance/ Contemporary Romance

Kristine's Review: 

I loved this book! It is the best one in the series in my opinion. 5 gut wrenching, heartbreaking, pass the tissue stars!

I have followed the characters in this book from when they were 18 yr old college students in New York City (Lost to You 0.5) to when they found their way back to each other (Take this Regret).  It seemed only fitting that I finish their story. I'll admit that I wasn't sure what to expect because I had thought that their story wrapped up nicely in Take this Regret and wasn't sure there could be any more to tell.

Wow...was I wrong!

Jackson captures the emotions in this book so beautifully and believe me there is an abundance of it to be found. I felt every moment of passion, love, heartbreak, trauma, anger and betrayal. There is no other way to describe it other than to say it felt real. I really liked the books leading up to this one but this one read with so much more maturity. Perhaps it was because of the subject matter and the tragedy that Christian and Elizabeth endured.

The story is told from both Christian and Elizabeth's point of view in present time and back when they were struck by tragedy. This was done brilliantly as I was able to fully understand the emotions of both characters and empathise fully. I was reaching for tissues when reading both sides of the story. Normally I always find myself agreeing or feeling one side rather than another but this was not the case. I was equally heart broken for both characters.

I don't want to say to much about the story for fear of giving anything away. I don't give 5 star ratings easily but because of the emotions I felt throughout the entire book I couldn't give it anything but. I wish I could properly put into words how powerfully I felt this book emotionally but I don't think it is possible. I guess my empty tissue box will have to speak for itself!

If you have not read the Take This Regret series I suggest that you do. You will love how the characters develop and grow. This book is a perfect ending to the series.

Kristine's rating




Connect with AL Jackson online

Twitter- @aljacksonauthor

No comments:

Post a Comment