Thursday 12 June 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #32

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...
 
(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.

This week's question is...

Armchair Travel! Tell us about your favorite book in a setting you’d like to visit (a real place for this question).


Terri's Answer

Oh good question...I have read so many books that take place in so many wonderful settings that I can't even remember most of them.  I will have to go with the book that takes place (partially) in a place I have on my bucket list of places to go...it is a long list.  It is currently a book that is very much in the spotlight at the moment due to the release of the move last week...which was one of the best book to movie adaptations I have seen yet BTW


And that place would be Amsterdam.  I have read a few books that took place here and they make it sound so beautiful.  A perfect day would be a bike ride around the canals and then finding a shady spot to curl up with a great book and a delicious snack



This will be crossed off of my bucket list sooner rather than later that's for sure!

Kristine's Answer

I have to agree with Terri yet again. Amsterdam is definitely a place I would like to visit. I am trying to think of another book with a setting that appeals and I am drawing a blank. I know there are many and I'll probably think of them all after this post goes up. Seeing as how I am drawing a blank (the joys of working nights) I can tell you a setting that I would love to read about in a book and that would be Santorini, Greece or any of the Greek Isles. Do any of you know of a great book or books that take place there because I would love to read them?

I will be visiting Santorini next fall and even though I have never been there before, I am already in love with it.

How about you? What is your favourite book setting that you would like to visit?

That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, email, facebook and/or twitter.
 

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I love Santorini! And Mykonos! Greece is amazing. The islands really are beautiful. I remember Santorini vividly because that's where I realized I was allergic to horses and donkeys! We rode a donkey up the side of the mountain. That was quite an experience. But Mykonos was my favorite. There was so much to do! Have fun in Santorini!
    I thought about Amsterdam but in the end I decided on Venice (again) or Prague. Here's mine: http://www.awesomebookassessment.com/2014/06/feature-follow-friday-17-featured-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been the one to want to visit Amsterdam, but after seeing the pictures you added, you definitely have me convinced! I'll go there after I stop by London :)
    Old Follower
    Here's my FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to visit Amsrerdam to visit the Anne Frank museum...

    New follower via bloglovin'.
    My FF
    ~Karina @  Watcha Reading

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm studying abroad in Europe next month, but my class won't visit Amsterdam. My best friend is though, so we can live vicariously through her! Wasn't it beautiful in the TFIOS?

    Kristine - One of the characters in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants visits Greece! Very jealous you are going!

    New follower via bloglovin'.

    Erin @ Pursuit of Good Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow, I didn't even think of this one! Awesome pick! I loved the descriptions of Amsterdam in this book! It was gorgeous! I haven't seen the movie yet though D:

    Old GFC follower!

    Here's my FF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Amsterdam, its gorgeous. New follower! Have a great weekend Amanda @ Go Book yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice! Haven't been to either of those cities, but I have been in Greece! Just not that particular city! Loved what I saw in Athens though!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What did you see in Athens? I will be stopping there as well.

      Delete
  8. Amsterdam! I forgot about that one! Another place to add to my list of places I must visit.
    Also, Anywhere in Greece would be awesome. It's just so beautiful!
    Old follower :)
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great answer! I still haven't read that book... New follower on Bloglovin and Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome answer. :)
    By the way, I'm a new follower via GFC :0
    Christine @ Bibliophilic Madness

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amsterdam sounds amazing! Would love to visit myself sometime.

    Here's my FF. I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting :)
      Your link doesn't seem to be working but followed you via GFC

      Delete
  12. I would love to go to Amsterdam, though I have to say that I didn't really want to go until I read the Fault in Our Stars two years ago! I'm an old follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amsterdam would be beautiful :) Definitely a good choice. I'm an old follower from last weeks post. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amsterdam and Greece both sound amazing. Great picks.
    Followed back via bloglovin.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to go to Amsterdam, my friend said there are a lot of bikes there haha

    New follower via bloglovin'
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this is the first Amsterdam, and certainly the first Santorini. I feel very unoriginal in my answer right now haha. Following on Bloglovin and Twitter! :)

    Vania @ Reading in the Tardis

    ReplyDelete