Thursday 1 May 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #26






Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...
 
(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.

This week's question is...


Share! Tell us about one of your hobbies that is NOT reading.

Kristine's answer...

This is a tough one for me. Between working full time nights and driving my kids to work, volunteering, baseball, school events and Scouts I don't have much time for hobbies other than reading. I do enjoy researching destinations and planning trips. Some might say that I am a little obsessive in my research. I call it being prepared! I also have recently discovered that I love snorkeling. Four years ago on a cruise I attempted it for the first time and panicked the minute I put my face in the water. After returning home I bought the equipment to practise in the lake where we spend our summers and slowly overcame my anxiety. On our last cruise this past December we had an excursion in Dominica and Barbados that required me to put my new found skills to the test. I was able to do it and discovered that I love it! Just think of all the places I can now research and put my new hobby to the test. I also love to kayak at the lake in the summer. It is so relaxing and peaceful.

Here I am wearing my snorkel gear the day I bought it. Don't laugh!

 and me kayaking






Terri's answer...


Well let's see.....when Kristine goes first she tends to say what I was about to say.  You would think we were twins or something!

Like my sister I am obsessed with travelling and researching destinations.  I can spend hours looking up destinations, resorts, checking prices (daily) and reading peoples reviews.  Sometimes for kicks I will filter reviews so that only the negative ones display and I will laugh for hours about some things people will complain about.  Don't get me wrong, some are legit but you can tell on some that these people would be better off staying at home because they can't be pleased.  Try it...you will see what I mean.  My absolute favorite vacations are the ones that I have been fortunate enough to go on with my sister (although ones with hubby are not too shabby either) as we have a way of knowing what each other wants without saying a word.  Not to mention we can laugh for hours over the silliest things...even before the drinks start flowing.

My other favorite hobby is shopping!  A girl can never have enough purses or shoes.  And yes it is ok to buy an item you like in every colour. My word of advise is only go shopping when you don't need anything because that is when the stores will have everything you didn't know you needed.  If you need something specific it will not exist.  Again the best shopping trips are with my sister.  I'm sensing a theme here.  (chh..chh..gulp..gulp) inside joke

My last hobby I will share today so this doesn't seem like a my sister is awesome session will be where the geek in me comes out.  I just love doing jigsaw puzzles.  My husband says I scare him when I do them because I can complete them so fast.  I will only do ones that are real pictures (no paintings) so that when complete it is almost always a scene of some place I want to visit.  That brings me back to my first hobby....I have a hard time finding good ones so if anyone out there knows where to get some let me know!

This was the view from my room this past January

What are your hobbies?

 
That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, email, facebook and/or twitter.




10 comments:

  1. Snorkeling is something I've always wanted to do! And shopping, oh gee. I shop a lot (though mostly only book shopping)
    and followed you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I love shopping. I'm just as happy browsing as buying. I could spend hours in the mall without buying anything.
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! Shopping can be fun! I'm not a die hard shopper, but I do like shopping! I go on spurts where I will just buy buy buy and then I don't buy anything for months! Besides books that is!

    Love jigsaw puzzles too, but rarely have time for them. Plus with a cat in the house, the brat likes to jump up on the table and lie on top of the puzzle pieces. And then the finished project!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snorkeling is fun. That's great that you got over your fear. I haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in years but I love them too. Great hobbies. Have a great weekend.

    Lacie @ Rainy Dayz Reviewz
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. Puzzles are definitely a lot of fun! My fiance and I do some together every now and then :) And I went snorkeling when I was in the Caribbean and loved it!

    Tina @ Pages of Comfort - old follower
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love planning trips! I like taking them even more :) I'm a new facebook follower!

    I hope you can stop by and visit:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2014/05/feature-and-follow-hobbies-5214.html

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to try snorkelling some day and I love to travel too.

    New bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love jigsaw puzzles too! I followed you on twitter, liked your facebook, and followed you on bloglovin :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been years since I have done a jigsaw puzzle! Following back via gfc.

    Jess@ Jessy's Bookends

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Just stopping by to say hi & thank you for following.
    Old follower, new follower on Twitter

    I agree I love shopping! Hey it counts as a hobby...

    Regan @ Miss Behavior Book Blog

    ReplyDelete