Thursday 15 May 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #28






Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...
 
(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.

This week's question is...


What are your non-book guilty pleasures? Like TV shows, food, websites, hobbies, etc.
Again it appears we've answered the wrong question...sorry.

 Terri's Answer

This is a really tough question.  Outside of reading, travelling and family time there is not really a lot that I indulge in. hmmmmmmmmmm...let me see.

I do enjoy celebrity gossip magazines.  I will make it be known that I never buy them....I just read them while in line at the grocery store.  I never get cranky in a long line up while learning what the latest train wreck is wearing and what the latest scandal is.  Oh wait....I guess that can be considered a reading guilty pleasure, I'm not sure it qualifies.

I will also admit that until recently the TV show the Bachelor was a guilty pleasure.  Not because I believe that true love can be found but I find it hilarious (and sad) what some people will do for love...or is it 15 minutes of fame?  Seriously....to bawl your eyes out on camera for having your heart ripped out because your true love who you just met and have not exchanged more than 5 words has dumped you?  Pure entertainment and a comical study in human behaviour.  Sadly even the laughs got old and I have tuned out recently.  Until the next totally cheesy entertainment crosses my path......

Kristine's Answer



Oooh...I forgot about the Bachelor. It is also one of my guilty pleasures. I didn't watch it last season because I wasn't a fan of Juan Pablo (was that his name?) but I will more than likely catch the next one. As Terri stated, it is pure comic relief. I am also obsessive about watching HGTV. House Hunter International is one of my favourite but I enjoy watching all of the home improvement ones as well. They almost never pick the house that I like best and I shake my head at some of the home improvements but it doesn't stop me from watching. Sometimes I will put it on without the volume so that I can read but look up every now and then to see what they are doing. I have found that you don't really need to hear what they are saying on those shows to still follow along.


That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, email, facebook and/or twitter.


9 comments:

  1. Glad to see I'm not the only one who did this question, as it was listed last week as this week's question. I've never gotten into the Bachelor much, but my sisters watch it religiously so I have some inkling what it's all about. I enjoy reading EW magazine. Does that count as celebrity gossip? Probably. :D Happy Friday!
    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Nice to meet you! Great Blog!

    Visit me at http://www.ashes86blog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also don't have many guilty pleasures besides reading and TV. I guess food! LOL I have only watched the Bachelor a few times but it was an entertaining time!

    New GFC, facebook, and twitter follower!

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  4. New Follower :-)
    My guilty pleasure is pop music, usually boybands!!
    Kirsty @ All in One Place
    My FFF

    ReplyDelete
  5. whoops my link hasn't worked!
    http://kvlovesbooks.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/feature-and-follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I originally did the question too. Had it all set to post and then changed it once I saw it had been changed. O'well. Criminal Minds is my guilty pleasure. I love that show!
    <a href="http://hotteaandagoodbook.wordpress.com/2014/05/15/feature-and-follow-friday-51614/”>My FFF</a>

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think my guilty pleasure is hockey.
    Existing follower on Bloglovin', New follower on GFC
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never could get into the Bachelor, a lot of people love it though! New follower on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  9. I used to watch The Bachelor, but now I don't watch much "live" TV at all. I watch shows on Netflix with my husband like Buffy and Doctor Who. When I'm not reading. ;)

    Old follower
    My FF @ Donnie Darko Girl

    ReplyDelete