Thursday 22 May 2014

Feature and Follow Friday #29






Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are...
 
(Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
(Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog.

This week's question is...


Have you ever convinced someone to read a book, a series, or a whole genre? What book(s) and who was it? Did they like it?


Kristine's Answer

I convinced my daughter to read The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons. She was in a tragic love story kind of mood and I told her that it fit the bill and that she would probably like it. Not only did she love it but she went on to read the next two books in the series which I haven't even got around to doing yet. Normally she is the one convincing me to read different books and genres.






Terri's Answer

I introduced my sister (Kristine) to Kate Morton who I absolutely love.  We tend to have similar taste in books so when I read Forgotten Garden I just knew she had to read it also.  This began our book exchange where we would trade books back and forth.  We don't do it so much anymore now that we have gone digital however we both have a long summer reading list from each other waiting for each other



 
 
That is our Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of ours with a link to your blog and we will make sure to follow you back. You can follow us via gfc, bloglovin, email, facebook and/or twitter.

8 comments:

  1. Oh nice! I've gotten my friend to read many paranormals ever since Twilight became popular! Had to broaden her horizon a bit! ;)

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our book club encourages reading just about EVERYTHING! We vote on monthly group reads to discuss. Sometimes we hate 'em; sometimes we love 'em. The most important thing is to have fun, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I haven't read any of those books. I do hope I'll be able to read them soon. Have a great Friday!

    New follower here!

    Geeky Chiquitas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read either of those. I'll have to check them out.
    I'm an existing follower on Bloglovin' & GFC.
    Diane @ Diane's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog and following. Following you back on Bloglovin'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing when you introduce someone to a series and they just overtake you in reading it! I haven't heard of The Bronze Horseman or The Forgotten Garden, but they both look really good! I'm a new GFC follower! Thanks for sharing :) I hope you had a great weekend so far!
    My Friday Memes
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for stopping by. New follower here!

    Vanessa @ Bluest Ribbon

    ReplyDelete