Friday 11 October 2013

Feature and Follow Friday

Feature & Follow Friday is a weekly meme that allows book bloggers to interact with each other and find new blogs! It has two hosts, Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. The rules are... 
    • (Required) Follow the Follow My Book Blog Friday Hosts {Parajunkee & Alison Can Read}
    • (Required) Follow our Featured Bloggers
    • Put your Blog name & URL in the Linky thing. You can also grab the code if you would like to insert it into your posts.
    • Grab the button up there and place it in a post, this post is for people to find a place to say “hi” in your comments and that they are now following you.
    • If you are using WordPress or another CMS that doesn’t have GFC (Google Friends Connect) state in your posts how you would like to be followed
    • Follow Follow Follow as many as you can, as many as you want, or just follow a few. The whole point is to make new friends and find new blogs. Also, don’t just follow, comment and say hi. Another blogger might not know you are a new follower if you don’t say “HI”
    • If someone comments and says they are following you, be a dear and follow back. Spread the Love…and the followers
    • If you’re new to the follow Friday hop, comment and let me know, so I can stop by and check out your blog!
This week's question is...

Feature your favourite blogger, have it be a surprise!

Our favourite blogger may not be the biggest and may not have the most followers but she is an inspiration to us every day. She turned to her love of books and created her blog after losing her beloved dog as a way of healing at the ripe age of 11 years old. 3 years later she still loves her books and continues with her blog and has been our biggest supporter in creating our own blog. She just happens to be our (Kristine) daughter and (Terri) niece. So please stop by and check out Sierra's blog  thereadingchic and say hello.
Here is some info on Sierra...

Hey everyone! My name is Sierra, and I am the founder of The Reading Chic. I'll start with a little bit more about the blog itself.
The Reading Chic was a blog that started back on June 27th, 2010. It started under the name Page Turners, only to find out that there was already a (very successful) blog under that name. I then changed it to Country Reader, which I quickly got bored of, and then it changed to The Reading Chic. This blog was made in the memory of my best friend, a springer spaniel mixed with a hound, Tia Maria. She was the main focus of my life for eight years until she died of kidney failure April 26th, 2010. I never want her to forget that I love her and that she will forever be my best friend. This blog was and always will be in honour of her. I wanted to show her that I was going to be alright without her here but she will always be in my heart.

I am Sierra and I am 14 years old (as of March 17th, 2013) and live in a small town in Ontario, Canada.  I live with my mother, father, and my annoying 12-year-old sister, Bailee. We also have one loving golden retriever named Dolcé. I love reading and writing, but I want to go to university to go into forensics or criminology, while being a published writer on the side. I've been a reader of YA fiction ever since the first Twilight movie came out, and I went to see it in the movie theatre with my mom and grandmother. I read the first book in the series, and I was instantly hooked. I haven't gotten away from the genre since.


That is my Feature and Follow Friday for this week! Comment down below if you're a new follower of mine with a link to your blog and I will make sure to follow you back. 

14 comments:

  1. So sweet of you to feature your daughter/niece. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm following back via GFC!

    Johanna @ Challenging Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by The Ultimate Bookworms!!!


    I have followed you back!!! :)

    Sarah @ The Ultimate Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for following! I am following on GFC and Bloglovin! I am so happy to see some of your 5 star books are books I adore. I am a HUGE Jodi Picoult fan, love everything she has ever done! I am also in love with Diane Chamberlain and own all her books! =D The Fault In Our Stars, The Hunger Games, Heather Gudenkauf, Colleen Hoover, The Help!!!

    I could go on and on! Will definitely be checking back on here often as you obviously have amazing taste in books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for stopping by my blog! New follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so sweet!!!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, New Follower Bloglovin

    Have a great weekend
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll check it out when I exit here :) Thanks for sharing with us and Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    New Follower via GFC and Bloglovin.

    Booker Like a Hooker

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's fantastic. Such a sweet surprise. New bloglovin and GFC follower ;)

    ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great blogger spotlight! And that is so amazing that you all are sharing your love of books! And I see some of my favorite books in your montages! Thanks for following me and I'm following you on GFC and Bloglovin.

    Kathy @My Nook, Books & More

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Blog! I like the way you share your opinions on the stories. Great blog pick also.
    Your new follower,
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by! Followed back via GFC and bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was a fun question for the week! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I followed back via GFC :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time book blog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that story. I'm going to check out the blog.
    Thanks for stopping by the Harem :0)
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great family. Everybody reads!! Thanks for stopping by. Following you back.

    ReplyDelete